View Single Post
Old 10-20-2020, 03:19 AM   #86
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: On the subject of Toxicity/Community Check-in (TWG)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
500 IQ suggestion.

Just be respectful, lol.
Wait... I already suggested that for moderation, nevermind
It's actually that simple, but the how is surprisingly more complex than it sounds.
The tricky part is that you need to be aware of what's affecting respect for everyone.
That is a colossal task because there's no way that I know perfectly how everyone thinks here and why.

This quickly convert into problems because I need to know what people needs in order to give it to them.
Entire games can deviate horribly if you force me to assume everything on my own.
Last game is a good example of that.

Most of the time, I have absolutely no clue how to make sense of how people post in this game.
What worked in the past, doesn't necessarily work anymore and it's pretty discouraging at times.

Even with the full information now that we are postgame, there's still things that doesn't make sense to me at all.
If I don't identify and understand them, I will probably keep getting wrong reads on players.

Toxicity is the consequence of something else. If you get through that something else, toxicity should go away.
I think that something else has to do with respect and trust over playing this game a long period of time.

So, I can echo on what Roundbox said.
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote