Old 09-21-2007, 05:39 PM   #28
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek
Default Re: Halo 3 Next Tuesday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalS3r4ph View Post
All games that are expected to be successful are hyped. Saying it's overrated before it's even come out is just outright stupidity. Killzone 2 is being hyped up, Call of Duty 4 is being hyped up, World of Warcraft's new expansion is being hyped up, every new Final Fantasy game is hyped before release...It's a standard commercial practice.

0.1% of the entire population of the world may be owners of Halo indeed, the number might even be less that, but DON'T say that 99.9% of the population don't even know what Halo is. There're books, comic books, toys... In addition to an RTS game made by Ensemble Studios, there's even going to be a movie to be directed or produced by Peter Jackson.
I am One-Hundred percent positive that your made-up facts on the game are fallacies, which is a created result produced by the beliefs you have on the game.

People who say it's overrated- Get over it. The numbers say that the game is going to be a massive hit, it's already sold over a million pre-orders, which is an industry record whether you like it or not. Many many many people like to play it, and they're hyping it up because of them.

Most already know this, but I'm thrilled that Halo 3 will be out soon. I enjoy the multiplayer immensely, and plan on buying it the day it comes out and taking that day off of work as well as college.
You lack reading comprehension.

I said "Either don't know what it is or have no interest in owning it." I know what Halo is. I've even played it. I have no interest in owning it. Chalk one up for 99.9%

I have every right to say a franchise with pre-existing titles is overrated. That pre-existing notion of the franchise leads me to believe another game in the franchise will be just like the previous two titles.

What facts did I make up? I looked up how many people own the game and divided that into 6.5 billion people. Difficult calculations here!

What I said has absolutely nothing to do with hype. I have no idea why you're ranting about something I didn't even talk about. EVERY game has hype. If you don't have hype, you don't sell any units. That doesn't mean it's good or bad. Lair had hype. It's a terrible piece of crap. Doesn't mean people won't buy it. Doesn't mean some people will love it or not. It's completely irrelevant.

It's overrated. There are dozens of other FPSes out there that are far better than Halo and it disappoints me to see you're all so biased toward this pathetic franchise that you blind yourself from the experience of a real game.
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote