Thread: Transgender AMA
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2018, 02:03 AM   #104
MrPoptart
Steam Id: MstrPoptart
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Transgender AMA

Didn't see this thread till now, so sorry if something similar was asked already. My brother (sister?) came out (?) around new years 2017 and it's been an interesting/difficult/emotional experience for me. I can admit that I had/have some prejudice opinions because I don't personally fully understand it, but I'm trying to be as supportive as I can be.

I was wondering what were some of the difficulties you faced in the years following the start of your transition, and maybe some of the ways you wished others were supportive towards you? I don't see her very often anymore and sometimes I feel like she's depressed and I don't know what I can do. Did ether of you face a lot of depression and did it eventually get better? It's still difficult for me to remember to use female pronouns and use her new name since she's been my brother for 26+ years and we were pretty close. She says she's ok with me not using them but should I force myself to use them anyway (in your opinion)? Her birthday is coming up soon and I just want her to be happy... thanks.

Last edited by MrPoptart; 06-30-2018 at 02:07 AM..
MrPoptart is offline   Reply With Quote