View Single Post
Old 12-21-2022, 11:51 PM   #65
Hateandhatred
"The Quebec Steparatist."
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: FFRMas 2022 Token Giveaway!

Why did you join FFR and what makes you stick around?

I was visiting my parents during my 4th year of college and at that point I was pretty invested in taking up Stepmania as a hobby. However, rather than installing everything on their computers, I figured I could use FFR since I remembered the widget from Children of Bodom's Myspace page.

I was initially just using the site to keep records of scores as I'd progress, then started messaging people on profiles (I really didn't think this place was active at all), then eventually there was the photo hunt which I decided to sign up for, then the 6th official tournament came up and I really started becoming active in the community.

I haven't really looked back since, and even though I don't play anymore, I still call this community home! I do plan on coming back eventually.

What is the story behind your username?

So at the end of high school and in my first college year, I was a fairly messed up person. Definitely abusive in general towards others and myself, had very radical views on politics and society, and so on. I still had people I called friends but for most of them our relationship was pretty toxic. One of them nicknamed me Hatred for a few of these reasons and because of our mutual interest in death metal and it stuck around for a while. It was taken when signing up for Youtube, so I made "Hateandhatred" instead.

One day I showed up to a guy's place and he immediately attacked me, and after that we talked about it and I figured I had some serious self reflecting to do, and slowly figured myself out along the way. I don't think anyone who speaks to me or sees me interacting with people nowadays would guess I used to be an asshole like that, but that's the story.

Even though I don't really relate to this username's origin story anymore and haven't really in about 15 years, I haven't felt like switching it up, so it sticks around.

Who from FFR makes a significant impact on your involvement in the community and why?

I'm gonna cheat here, but I'll say Team Quebec. If I had to narrow it down to one single person, it would likely be someone from the gang anyway, and it could equally be any of them for different reasons, but the group as an entity is pretty special to me. We're even about to meet up again in around 2 weeks! As for why, it's a little difficult to put into words. It simply feels great to interact with the group, and that keeps me involved with the community, even though I'm barely active at all these days. I guess they feel like family, as corny as that sounds. I'm also simply not as active online in general, but yeah.

What kind of feature would you want the most in FFR?

I most wanted for Quebec to be its own nationality, but that already happened, so... (thank you Prawnskunk!)

More info about songs in the engine. Types of patterns (streams, js, jacks, etc), song previews, chart previews, etc. I'd really love this feature!