View Single Post
Old 10-22-2018, 10:57 PM   #423
mellon_collie
FFR Player

Default Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precarious View Post
For the exact reason I said. This isn't the first time Pearl has done this. If we assume he's not going to be replaced--and the likelihood that he will be is why I'm hesitant to fully commit to the lynch--then he's going to be a non-contributor throughout. If he does nothing, then he neither advances the game state nor does anything to make himself seem town or wolf. That leaves us in an impossible situation, because there's no way to guess at his alignment, which becomes ever more of an issue as the game narrows. Additionally, beyond content, all players can vote, and the inability to assume reasonable voting from Pearl again alters the game state negatively. If he's town, then LyLo is forwarded one player, because the state assumes that the remaining town players all have the capacity and willingness to potentially vote against scum. Similarly, if he's a wolf, then it's easy to mentally write him off as a non-vote, when he could essentially ambush vote.

All of this flies in the face of how this game is supposed to work, and in spite of some thoughts otherwise, I expect Pearl to be replaced (again). There are reserve players listed in the OP. But whether Pearl is town or wolf, it feels pretty safe to say he won't be helping the town.
how come you never seem to refresh and all your posts seem out dated...? Pearl has been replaced, I usually hit "preview post" within a few minutes of my post so I can make sure I'm up to date on all information. this just seems weird to me given the timing. kinda seems like a way to slide through without being held accountable for anything tbh