View Single Post
Old 08-25-2023, 12:29 PM   #8
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Tier Point Overhaul (Concept)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
Ok so. My first reaction to this was the following:

- This looks like a system that partially wants to mimic Etterna's "skill buckets". I have my opinion on that, but this is just an observation.
I've only played Etterna a few times, but yes I think this is very similar.

Quote:
- It's always nice when someone starts a new idea, but often times when I ask them to provide a non-negligible example subset, they don't. Are you willing to try to do that (and talk to some people to confirm your example) before asking the difficulty consultants to do it? One song is far too little of an example to properly discuss/debate; and it might not present your thoughts optimally.
I probably could, however it would be limited to my direct experience with the game, which is why I think a collaborative effort by those who have already taken the time to analyze this stuff would be best. But as a proof of concept, I can give it a shot at some point after more people have a chance to provide their feedback.

Quote:
- This last point gets closer to the diff calc concepts I've debated extensively with some others (Wirry primarily), but the main question is: while you said the categories aren't set in stone, do you believe that there actually is a strong set of similar high-level categories that can describe charts accurately enough? Why?
These are simply 6 (an arbitrary number) aspects of the game that I think are unique enough to warrant their own branch. There may be some things I've forgotten or didn't think of, and some that I mentioned may not be broad enough. Again, this is intended to be more of an open concept that others can provide input for. As for why I believe it's possible, the fact that we've seen similar concepts in StepMania and Etterna speaks to the feasibility of the concept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
But my stance is cut the arbitrary file count, and do it for all of them, don't make it some circle jerk awards system that's gonna be outdated on arrival again
In a perfect world, the whole universe of FFR files, including ones released in the future would be included, then you would just get a mapping based off your top 50 or 100 scores. However, until there's an automated way to assign these values, and do it accurately, it's just not a realistic goal.

Last edited by rushyrulz; 08-25-2023 at 12:36 PM..
rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote