Old 08-3-2019, 11:37 PM   #15
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: RATO: A History of the chart and the current AAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
Cool, now I don't wanna hear my patterns in my files are too hard anymore.

Also, grats, Doss you wanna break down what in particular made this file complete ass to score on? Or if SFG wants to that'd be neat.
A lot of it comes down to tight frame placements, and in some cases they're in really bad areas.

In one of SFG's runs, the triplet 16th jack has a 1-frame hiccup which actually speeds it up to a 300 BPM 3-note jack. That's also what resulted in the miss in my 17-5-1-5 score if I remember correctly.

For someone who has a good handle on 16th jumpstreams and anchor patterns at 240, most of the chart is playable. There are also the 48th rollwalls that are easy to screw up (either going in or coming out of them) because they start or end with note gaps and at that speed it's 180 BPM 64th rolls after conversion, so it's a mini vibrating cluster in a sense.

Some of the 32nd patterns are also particularly nasty, and at 240, some of the 32nd placements result in 2 frame minijacks.

Taking the above into account, it helps explain why someone can cut their score down to 30 goods, but then getting to 20s is hard, and then even worse getting less than 20. This also doesn't take into account mindblocks that can occur (I had a mindblock on one of the anchor patterns in the second half of the chart which resulted in me getting 4 goods at once, most of the time).

Last edited by DossarLX ODI; 08-3-2019 at 11:41 PM..
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote