View Single Post
Old 03-31-2015, 10:20 AM   #193
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Default Re: Puzzle & Dragons

In a nutshell, here's what happened with juggler. PAD signed a contract with Square Enix to do a collab, but part of that agreement was that Square Enix got to design and balance their characters. Some higher-up asshole who didn't understand the game thought this was a good idea, and because of the contract, it has to stay in the game. It's such a blatant problem and it pissed off so many players that the guy responsible has gotten numerous death threats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradiant View Post
Well I mean, if you play PAD for fun, and you don't think playing with Juggler would be fun, you don't need to use it. Some guy having an easier time playing the game because of this monster shouldn't affect you at all.
Technically that's true. But from a player's perspective, I don't want that option at all. If you give me a game with a cheat option, I'm going to be tempted to use it or at least try it. If I'm not to be using it in the first place, the option shouldn't be there at all. It's not healthy for the players' attitudes for the games, and it's a huge insult to the people that care. It's less about how it'll affect me, it's more about professionalism and integrity.

Imagine you actually like the game and respect the company and have spent a good amount of money on the game. You've spent close to say $100 cumulative building a team full of high level gods so you can clear harder dungeons. Then one day they release a character such that nobody ever needs to spend money to clear most of the hardest dungeons in the game, letting players far less experienced, dedicated, and skilled than you reach the point of the game you're at in a fraction of the time and money. You're going to have a ton of frustrated customers and it's just not worth putting it in the game.

It's like going to a fancy restaurant and ordering a dish but requesting it's served in some ridiculous fashion, such as covering it in ketchup and whipped cream. You wouldn't offer this as an option at the restaurant because on top of being ridiculous in the first place, it's not professional and undermines all of the good work they've already done with quality food.

Obviously this is a bit of a subjective point, but personally I'm passionate about game design, and I prioritize long-term satisfaction and health of my customers if I were to create a product, and therefore game integrity is of paramount concern. I'd never let something like this so much as even graze my game with the tip of its penis.

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music

Last edited by stargroup100; 03-31-2015 at 10:23 AM..
stargroup100 is offline   Reply With Quote