View Single Post
Old 12-15-2020, 09:04 PM   #1
WirryWoo
Forever Derbyless
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

Default Standardizing Difficulty Ratings

Hey all. I know there has been some previous conversations about standardizing the definitions of what it means for a file to be rated difficulty x. I thought it might be a good idea to consolidate all of our thoughts into this thread to keep a transparent understanding of why a new file is rated y, and fix some of the current difficulty ratings in game.

I'm not exactly sure how to devise a good system to update and track all of that information but my thinking would be something along the lines of anyone posting thoughts about various files. I'll update (try my best to at least) this post with pending ideas, and we'll let a difficulty consultant accept or reject the ideas. We'll store this finalized list here to keep a record of what was previously discussed.

Note: More than one file can officially take the same difficulty rank. Try to keep this shared difficulty idea to a minimum though, so we can make accurate comparisons for future files. This list will continually iterate over time.

Official Rankings:
[insert difficulty and song]

Awaiting for Approval:
90 - Double Helix
100 - Rave 7

I started this list by adding Double Helix as a solid 90. I think the variety of patterns present in the chart are shared across other files currently rated 90. We had previous conversations about this, but I'm happy to continue that conversation here alongside with other suggestions others might have.

Thanks!

Last edited by WirryWoo; 12-16-2020 at 08:25 AM..
WirryWoo is offline   Reply With Quote