thesunfan
Role Tide
Sectional ModeratorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to thesunfan
Default Re: New TWG Rules Proposal & Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
I would like to challenge this

the only reason I was able to win as serial killer once was to claim my role and side with humans (even though I was planning on backstabbing them in the penultimate phase) and force the game into a final four

in any game with multiple (more than two) factions, siding with another faction (including town) can be a strategic move and should not automatically constitute modkilling imo

at worst, the game setup's balance should be considered on a game-to-game basis --- one of the last games, the serial killer wasn't allowed to claim because it would screw up the game balance, but games like C9++ often are balanced in cases where SK claims happen

tl;dr I think it should be up to the host's discretion based on the game setup
I agree that I think this should be done as a case by case basis. There are 100% situations where claiming SK is strategic and beneficial, I think that what you did was fine. I think most of the time SKs claim, its fine. But when someone does what choof did, or what nijatwo did a very long time ago, where you just claim a promise to townside, its pretty awful for the game and 100% constitutes playing against your win condition.

Case-by-case basis should make it so that it allows for strategically claiming your role, but not saying "Fuck my win condition"
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)
thesunfan is offline   Reply With Quote