View Single Post
Old 09-28-2020, 02:06 PM   #523
XJ-9
!🤖💥👾!
Community Manager
Community ManagerGlobal ModeratorEvent StaffFFR Wiki StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: Monstercat Tournament

From personal experience, I do see people confuse 12 PM for 12 AM often enough to call it common, which is why rounds generally end at 11:59 PM. However, I don't see it happen often where someone adds an hour to 11:## PM and doesn't convert the 12:## result to AM, or vice versa. Perhaps the latter is what T-Force is referring to? That seems to be more ingrained in people.

On the topic of the unplanned round extension:
In all fairness, whether or not the participant can correctly interpret a 12-hour clock is entirely on said participant being able to do that correctly. Not to say that anyone disagrees or finds that unfair here, but more importantly waiting until the end of a seven day round to post an initial score is just an unnecessary risk regardless of the exact time the round ends. I can't really find a good excuse for doing that, barring personal emergencies.

I'm kind of on the fence about allowing late scores with a point deduction when the rounds are a week long since punctuality is a big part of competition. I can see it as being more practical with shorter rounds since you don't have as much time to bounce back if something comes up in your life. If you can't post a score within a week's time, it sounds like it's not a good idea to sign up for the tournament to begin with.

Last edited by XJ-9; 09-28-2020 at 02:06 PM..