View Single Post
Old 01-9-2013, 12:42 PM   #22
ssbmchamp
Can't improve at this game.
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Expanding the difficulty spectrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballa48 View Post
RATO being 98 and VROFL being 99 makes no sense. The score gaps between the two songs are MASSIVE.
I agree and disagree with you. Yes there is a massive gap, I get that. However **IF** we keep the 1-99 scale:

1)VROFL is a 99.....no arguement (unless of course you expand the system)
2) RATO I think should be a 98 because despite a huge gap, RATO is the second hardest song in the game and, IMO, in its own category, thus being fitting of a 98.

Also a couple other things...If you wanna get technical about the massive difficulty gap with VROFL and keep it proportionate then RATO and DP should be the ONLY songs to reach the 90 mark (RATO 92, DP 90) and all these other songs people have in the 90's would then have to go into the 80's. This is why in my other post I suggested expanding the scale to 1-105 or even possibly higher to more accurately place songs. And to whoever even thought about the idea of making VROFL a difficulty of "??"....no offense, but that is quite possibly the dumbest thing I have ever heard. That's just the lazy way of saying "I don't feel like changing a few things around so we'll give it a mystery ranking." It needs to be either 99 or, if you expand the system, a value in the hundreds.
ssbmchamp is offline   Reply With Quote