View Single Post
Old 01-9-2013, 03:33 PM   #29
One Winged Angel
Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Expanding the difficulty spectrum

92 looks like it'd be lowest FSO at this point, although I really don't have a problem extending that boundary down to 91 considering the hilarious spikes present in songs at that level (although Vortex will probably get pushed down if it ever gets frame treatment). I don't like the current 1-20 splits using this new scaling for the most difficult files, but then again, I've been hoping we could go back to 1-13 for quite some time now.

I don't have a problem with RATO being moved to tokens, as long as the unlock req is simple enough for players of any skill level to gain access to the file once again.

Without going into too much detail, I can agree with swapping Jamais/Husigi ratings and bumping up longer songs like Shotgun Surgery. I agree with what Eze posted about 8bit Tour and AT being of similar difficulty though. Tons of one handed bs present in 8bit Tour's trillstream, and even though it's almost 20bpm slower, I think many players find that section a lot more difficult to PA/combo than AT's 32nd run, so gonna keep those two together for now at least. WEYX probably should've been 81 to begin with so I think it's fine where it is on the new list. 11Eleven 'dense jumpstream -> one handed jumptrill -> 32nd bs' section could push it up to 82, I don't have a problem with that. Everyone's good at Eclipse nowadays for some reason beyond me, so maybe it's fine at 89? Objectively speaking, 330bpm should really be FSO material, but the patterns are so incredibly comfortable to hit...really iffy on that one, gonna leave it where it is for the time being.

Gonna switch Jamais/Husigi in the OP (Jamais fits in well with EP), as well as bump up Shotgun and 11Eleven (and maybe a few other longer songs). If bballa doesn't mind this thread serving two purposes now, might as well bring up any other songs you guys see fit to be tweaked in this thread instead of potentially having a bunch of threads once these changes are live.

edit: I'll update any changes to difficulties I make without discussion in the thread at the bottom of my first post in this thread, just in case I do something really hilarious that none of you agree with so you can all call me out on my crap :')

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
i want to be cucked by cirno

Last edited by One Winged Angel; 01-9-2013 at 03:58 PM..
One Winged Angel is offline   Reply With Quote