View Single Post
Old 08-16-2021, 05:54 PM   #24
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Definition of a FFR AA

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Winged Angel View Post
If I'm interpreting this correctly then this is essentially what I'd been pitching as well: 99% max raw score. A 2000 note chart produces a score of 100k for a AAA, so setting the AA bar at 99k allows for leniency of 40 raw goods.

I don't think it's an issue setting a stricter AA% grade relative to other games with similar metrics given how acc-focused FFR has been for so long, in addition to the already wildly high raw score percentages a player could obtain mashing through most of a chart. Setting the threshold looser than 99% very quickly takes a nose dive when the point of the metric is to establish player competency in playing a chart. E.g. establishing AA at 98% max score doubles the raw good threshold to 80g on a 2k note chart. I feel many players would argue a major lack of file competency is still present if someone is just skirting past that proposed AA line with 77 or 78g.

Obviously charts with very low notecounts run into the issue of having a AA grade that already forces a SDG or better. But for the large majority of charts in game, I think this threshold is likely optimal for what the grade is intended to represent.
I personally dont find 80g on a 2k notes file to be necessarily out of a subjective "good enough" range.

I'd like to know how you measure optimality though; do you have anything to say about the suggestion of using the current average notecount of ffr charts and setting a % relative to that ?
xXOpkillerXx is offline   Reply With Quote