View Single Post
Old 02-24-2020, 11:32 PM   #63
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default Re: Which Rhythm Game are you from? and how did you get here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinglesberry View Post
started with guitar hero 2 on ps2 back in the day. found FFR while searching up rhythm games, then shortly after learned about stepmania

back in the day I would just play index stream files constantly, didnt start actually being not 12 years old and wanting to improve until i wanna say like mid 2016.

I used to play stepmania files with no jumps enabled, and on judge 1 cause i didnt care, way back in 2007. needless to say I was an idiot and tbh probably still am

edit: story time, back in around 2009, during the FFR blackout when the site literally disappeared, I somewhat lost interest in rhythm games... then one day, I remember seeing a friend in computer class one time, playing FFR on lightdarkness, shoutouts to anyone who remembers that old mirror... im like yo wtf i didnt know FFR was still around, then he told me about the mirror, then I asked him to play vertex beta and he was like "uhh do you mean vRofl?" and im just like nah, the regular one, and he did pretty good on it from what I remember.

I wonder if he still plays, i doubt it but maybe

edit 2: thinking more about it, I maaaay have found FFR because of myspace... remember the old band widgets http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/widgets/ , people used to stick those on their myspace page and whatnot, I feel like i probably found the game via one of a friends myspace but I have no idea

edit 3:

shiit, it might have also been cause of this... back when I was younger I was on newgrounds constantly, playing flash games, trying to level up on the site.. I remember in elementary school id come home and make sure to vote on the 5 daily portal votes to get my xp points lol

apparently I only got to level 9 tho lol, even so it was fun times.. I remember being super into the audio portal, and loved dimrain47, paragonX, and all those other obscure newgrounds artists lol... good times (I actually have an animation I made that won "turd of the week" on newgrounds because it was like 1.47/5 rating lul, but I sure as hell am not gonna post my username, my forum posts from back then are waaaay too cringy, realizing it now it shows my global rank in the pic but i doubt that lets you find anything and even if it does I don't really care that 10 year old me was an idiot its sort of to be expected way back then)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinglesberry View Post
Started back on robeats in 2007
Did your past get George Lucas'd?

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote