View Single Post
Old 09-28-2016, 04:33 AM   #144
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG CLVIII: Game Thread - Survivor Valais

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokzic View Post
Apparently wolves CANNOT get gift roles. Which means that if you have a gift role, you are cleared survivor.

It was argued in signups thread that this is fine because it means outing your gift is against your wincon, since it makes you a nightkill target.

But that's... fine. That's great. We get 3 clears per day (except when they overlap) and wolves can only kill one person per night. I think if gift receivers claim, we maximise our chance of hitting red each day, which means more Survivors at the end of the game, which means more of us win.

I think if we mass claim gifts the wolves are absolutely fucked.
Sigh...You guys are making my post-drunk headache worse.
As I said in the signups, there's no incentive to massclaiming in this game. In TWG, utilitarianism makes sense because town victory is still victory even after death. In survivor, martyring ourselves nets no such merits. This is entirely an individualistic game. Also, fakeclaiming is a possiblity you shouldn't be neglecting. I think you'd realize this, though, given that we went through this exact conversation in signups. Honestly, more than anything, your mindless enthusiasm for "absolutely fucking" the wolves despite taking a loss makes me think that you might be one trying to get "cleared" by fakeclaiming early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokzic View Post
*immediately aggros the wolves by posting a good strategy*

*loses by playing well*

This game is weird.
Uh huh. So you do realize that you're "playing" for a loss. Trying to go the deep wolf route, Tokzic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!