Thread: Frame Fix Log
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2020, 06:27 PM   #90
Pizza69
Simfile Judge
Simfile JudgeDifficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Frame Fix Log

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
What you're literally suggesting, is that we leave stuff alone because the game converted it poorly, and that's a bit tone-deaf if you asked me.
This is not what I'm suggesting at all. I didn't explicitly say it, but I thought I made it clear enough in my previous post that if framers cause unnecessary difficulty spikes, they absolutely should be fixed out because that corrupts the spirit of the file. Same goes for things like flams converting into jumps, or colour jumps converting into flams. The framefixes in Cest What were great, I'm 100% on board with those, and hell, your chart for The Last Step could use some fixes too. My point was that "poor conversion" has sometimes been taken to mean "anything that's not literally the easiest it could've converted as" and that's... not really representative of the chart often times. Hence why I advocate only framefixing where conversion significantly alters the flow or intent of a pattern, or its difficulty relative to the section it's in. Occasional very isolated 2-framers in Fox Tales, for example, don't fit any of those criteria.

The best solution is, as Xel and Gold have mentioned, to run framefixes by the original stepartist before doing them, and then we wouldn't have to speak in such generality, because generality always leads to "what if"s. This might not always be possible, though, and I believe my points are valid and important in those situations as well.