View Single Post
Old 12-22-2018, 05:02 PM   #770
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Recommend me some 2018 albums halp

Day 504: Twisted Crystal by Guerilla Toss

I saw that the melon put this on his top 50 for the year after dissing their old style. That makes me mad because their old style was so much better.

This isn't a BAD album, it's pretty decent, but I usually expect better from this band since I've been a fan for so long by my lifetime standards. Half of these songs are great, especially the ones that harken slightly back to their older shit with fucked up structures and atonal riffs, but a bunch of songs just feel too cutesy and obnoxious, like whose idea was the dumb surf rock guitar line in Come Up With Me? And Jesus Rabbit has to have the most glaringly dumb lyrics I've heard from this band that sang about cigarettes and candy sex in the past. It's not the poppiest songs or the noisiest, most experimental songs that annoy me, but the ones that sit on that lame in-between where something just seems to be screaming "look how quirky we are!"

I want a full album of Smack The Brick-style cuts and I won't be happy until I get it. I'm super glad I got to see these guys live during their noisier era, I wonder if their shows are as good nowadays.

Best Track: Hacking Machine
Rating: 6/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.

Last edited by rayword45; 12-22-2018 at 05:04 PM..
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote