Old 04-6-2021, 08:25 PM   #18
Phynx
I'm Forever
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Since We're All Old Now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheThong View Post
Holy shit it's TT!

Holy shit it's TT! Dude long time no talk my friend!
I completely understand the no room problem. My previous SO was always up my ass about having no more room for house plants yet I still brought more home lmao. You can't keep a green thumb down!

I'm kind of jelly about your musical talents. I've attempted to sit down with various instruments but in the end, I get overwhelmed with the mechanics involved and fade away from them. Maybe some day I'll actually try harder...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
I spend a lot of time memorizing song lyrics.

You're one of THOSE people... lol. It amazes me when I'm in a car with someone and any random song will come on and they'll just sing along with every word, no matter the song. Like how...?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barfood View Post
Finance!

+1 for fiscal resposibility!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew WCY View Post
These are the things I do right now:
- Studying in uni
- Programming mini side projects
- Playing the clarinet occasionally (also in preparation for my Grade 6 exam)
- Learning Grade 6+ music theory
- Solving internet riddles (recently gotten to level 99 in Zest, still stuck on level 60D in Inward Hellix :P)

Everyone and their damn music Q.Q making me green with envy over here.

I love puzzles but the more physical kind. You hand me a puzzle box or one of those metal puzzles where you have to separate the pieces and I'll spend days, nay, weeks if I have to until that shit is solved. I love a good exercise for the brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollocephalus View Post
All the things

Bro there's a lot to unpack here and a lot to be proud of. The fact that you're helping out your mother like that is honorable and I'm happy to hear it. I can attest that there are few things quite like rearranging furniture and realizing how open you can make a room. You can really change the flow of a house just by simply improving the furniture layout.

As for the cooking, I envy you there. I'm not a TERRIBLE cook but I'm still learning. My previous relationship I was in, all 7 years of it, I spent very little time cooking. Outside of grilling, she handled basically all of the cooking. She was so much better at it than me so I barely engaged in it and she liked to cook anyway so most of the time she wouldn't let me lol. So 7 years of barely cooking made me hella rusty and I'm still figuring it out.

+1 for the financial responsibility. Seems to be a common theme with all of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroArtisan View Post
Honestly not much has changed. The only noticable changes from when I first found this place well over a decade ago is that I prefer wearing more modest clothing and I really enjoy watching cooking shows.

My days are slower but feel more complete, I guess.

I assume the modest clothing grew out of the desire for more comfortable clothing. If that's the case, I can completely understand. Most kinds of fashion get far outweighed when comfort is the goal. Throw me some cotton shirts and sweats and bam, I'm a lazy P.O.S. but I'm comfortable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi40 View Post
oh i also do a lot of hiking and camping now.

YO, I got me a camper a couple years ago JUST for the this reason alone. I needed a better way to enjoy my outdoors and having gone through 4 tents in 4 years (hard weather can be a real bitch on tents) I decided enough was enough. Got me a camper, haven't looked back. I can enjoy nature and not have to worry about holding my tent down in a wind storm at 2am in the mountains if one were to show up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tosh View Post
All the things!

Indeed the finances seem to be common on peoples minds these days. I would guess that it was a natural progression of care over the years rather than a result of hardship years such as 2020 was for many folks. I could be wrong but I know in my case, I grow ever more aware of each dollar I make and spend as I age so I'm assuming its a natural evolution for everyone.

I'm in a similar boat with the exercise. I've grown a mild dad-bod and I can't say I'm proud. My job keeps me busy enough to maintain a good healthy physique but holy shit do I love to eat. I consume more calories than I burn in a typical day so that's not helping me at all. I've been working on lowering consumption and drinking a LOT more water and that's helped a lot. I'm down 32lbs in the last few months just from that alone but I'd really be happy if I could drop another 20. That'd put me in my prime weight.

As for the computer building disease... man I've been doing it for almost 15 years now. That excitement and enjoyment from building only gets more intense as you do it again and again down the road. I've built myself 5 computers and each time I revert to a 14 year old child on Christmas morning. I HIGHLY recommend budgeting your PC builds around black friday. I did that with this last PC I built and I stayed up till 3am when Newegg released their black friday deals that lasted all of 10 minutes. In those 10 minutes I saved almost $2,000 off retail over all the combined parts. The items I bought almost all collectively sold out in those 10 minutes so you have to be very diligent.

Last edited by Phynx; 04-6-2021 at 08:25 PM..
Phynx is offline   Reply With Quote