View Single Post
Old 10-13-2014, 09:04 PM   #1
Zageron
Zageron E. Tazaterra
RRR Developer & DevOps Support
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Veteran

Default NaNoWriMo 2014 - It's that time again!

Nano

It's that time again people! 50,000 words in just 30 days! Care to join me?

Nanoers
Zageron

Full FAQ

Why 50,000 words? And how do you define “novel”?
Quote:
Our experiences since 1999 show that 50,000 is a difficult but doable goal, even for people with full-time jobs and children. The length makes it a short novel (about the length of The Great Gatsby). We don’t use the word “novella” because it doesn’t seem to impress people the way “novel” does.

We define a novel as “a lengthy work of fiction.” Beyond that, we let you decide whether what you’re writing falls under the heading of “novel.” In short: If you believe you’re writing a novel, we believe you’re writing a novel, too.
How and when can I sign up? When do I start writing?
Quote:
You can sign up at any time, year-round. To sign up for the upcoming National Novel Writing Month, just click on the “Sign Up” button on the homepage.

You can start writing at the stroke of midnight on November 1.
How do I win NaNoWriMo? What are the prizes? Is there an entry fee?
Quote:
You win NaNoWriMo by writing 50,000 words of your novel between November 1 and November 30. There’s no limit on how many people can win! Just be sure that you’ve defined a novel on our site, and that you validate your novel’s word count at the end of the month.

Every year, we have several generous sponsors that offer participant and winner goodies. Check out the NaNoWriMo prizes here!

All programs for National Novel Writing Month, Camp NaNoWriMo, and the Young Writers Program are free. However, we run on donations, and we do ask ably-financed participants to contribute something towards hosting and administrative costs. Because we’re a nonprofit, the donation is tax-deductible!

Last edited by Zageron; 10-13-2014 at 09:05 PM..
Zageron is offline   Reply With Quote