View Single Post
Old 01-28-2018, 08:08 AM   #29
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Isn't it time we said goodbye to the non tool-assisted files?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellonxcollie View Post
it's a part of our heritage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK8R43 View Post
I say no. If the older players had to endure them so shouldnt the newer players. They really arent all that bad.. Just play them with sound off. Just suck it up. I mean technically you dont HAVE to play them haha.
You do not leave the worst part of a game in, just because it was the first thing completed, or for "nostalgia."

The argument of "older players had to do it, so we should make the newer people" is just basic fucking stupidity. The older simfile artists had to make files in fucking notepad, and we clearly don't do it that way anymore. We didn't tell Velocity to not fuck with the engine because it was the way the game used to be. We didn't leave the av-miss glitch in just because older players had to endure it.

Get rid of them already, and please take tier points with them, for fuck's sake. Also update the anti-pa requirements from skill tokens, because they're 100% counter intuitive to the game from the start, thank you.

Fuck the idea of leaving files like these in game. If you're gonna promote the ffrmania engine, move the crappy files there along with all the improper converts.

PS: I am not saying FFRMania is a bad idea. I'm just saying that straight converting files doesn't give you the intended expiriance. It's not meant as an insult.

Last edited by XelNya; 01-28-2018 at 08:10 AM..
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote