View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 06:30 AM   #5
EzExZeRo7497
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Turbo (87 or ???)

The leaderboards are pretty normal for an 87... up to 12th place anyway. Starts off normally, ranging from AAAs to 7-0-0-4 at rank 12 (which is pretty high for an 87 really) and then plummets to 29g or worse. So the scoreboards don't really reflect anything lower than an 87, despite the fact that it's new. I'm pretty certain that even when every top tier player plays this file, the scoreboard wouldn't be as good as the other 87s out there.

Turbo is 150.67 BPM. Not a perfectly clean BPM, but there aren't any really bad framers whatsoever (though I did see two framered minijacks but at 150 it's relatively minor) so framer issues shouldn't be a factor. Though, Turbo's jacks are as fast as Almost There and Revolutionary Etude, albeit less complex and come in shorter spurts instead of one large run of jacks. I don't think the jacky files in the 87 range (Scarhand, Tell) can be compared since they're around... 30 BPM faster than Turbo if I'm not wrong. 30 BPM is a huge difference, especially for jacks at this speed.

Even despite the fact that they only come in small runs, it's still relentlessly hard since it has no hand bias whatsoever so you need to be good at jacking with both hands in order to score somewhat decently. Not to mention there's jumps too, so it's still tricky to PA even if you can wrist jack well. File structure to me looks like 87-88 objectively, but how this plays to players is so subjective that it's absolutely ridiculous. Players like bmah (low D6?) can get 7 goods on this and can probably improve, but other players like TC_Halogen (mid D7, maybe higher) gets teens with misses in a usual run.

Rob and I have no idea how to rate this at all, haha. We just shoved it there because Tell v3 and Scarhand [Heavy] are in there really. Scoreboard reflects an 87, maybe higher, the file to me feels like an 87-88 despite the fact that I'm somewhat good at wrist jacking.