View Single Post
Old 03-7-2013, 12:08 PM   #18
ELRayford
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Recommend me a good coding laptop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
I am far too lazy to wait -- if it were just a month or so, yeah, but July sufficiently far away for me.

How are these Sager laptops comparably cheaper? $1319 is what I get -- this is definitely acceptable. Any caveats to this?

Also, debating W7 Home Premium 64 bit (what I currently use) and W8 64-bit

Also lol $50 off $1350... need to find something to kick it up so I can pay $1300ish
Sager is what alienware was should have been. Keep in mind this is intel integrated GPU. I can honestly say I have never had to repair a Sager. Only had to upgrade them as far as RAM and SSD are concerned. Pretty solid underrated company IMO. You can also call these guys and chat it up with em. Usually very good support. Adding the windows 7 or extended warranty should bring you over the 1350.

The downsides are: This system is at FULL spec. No upgrades other than Drives will be available. Unless they release a BIOS update 16GB will be your max. Never will be able to add a dedicated GPU IIRC. These are all trivials issues that you may not need to worry about. Also, non modular parts will only be available from Sager. (motherboards, cables, and rare shit that shouldn't need replacing.) I do believe they ship out in a week or two max. I've heard both 3 day and 10 business day ships from them.

Just make sure you are getting the 512 SSD upgrade, the 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM upgrade, and the 16gb RAM upgrade. The ic diamond 7 Thermal compound is nice. Windows 7 pro comes up to 1379, $1,329.00 after -50 xD

Last edited by ELRayford; 03-7-2013 at 12:20 PM..
ELRayford is offline   Reply With Quote