View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 07:26 PM   #16
Zapmeister
FFR Player

Default Re: OMGWTFT0K3N [65 or 29]

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Winged Angel View Post
One other thing hasn't been mentioned, and that's the fact that splitting any one of those jumps, hands, or quads that contain both up and down arrows completely destroys your PA on this particular file. I remember hitting the [12] section of a quad one frame earlier than the [34] portion. The receptors would move downwards, forcing the [34] to now be hit as late goods, whereas normally the jumps on both hands should have been PA'd in the quad. You may not have a huge problem with this, but I know a ton of others do. All other charts in the game are very lenient with splitting given FFR's three frame window. This one plays very differently.
I sent off a bunch of replays to the replay to frame comparison thread for analysis. If One Winged Angel is right, then what's supposed to happen is that the amount of times I hit the down arrow 1 frame before I hit the up (or in fact any other) arrow should be less, and the amount of times I hit the down arrow 2 frames before I hit any other arrow should be more. That's because he's saying I lose a frame after I hit the down arrow and the chart moves up a bit.

Results: This does not happen.

In my 5 replays I counted the frame differences between down/up and also down/left, along with another random replay I got earlier on another song. This is what I got

Down arrow vs. up arrow: In 5 plays of omgwtft0k3n there were
0 times where I hit down 2 frames before up
21 times where I hit down 1 frame before up

229 times where I hit them on the same frame
4 times where I hit up 1 frame before down
0 times where I hit up 2 frames before down
1 time where I completely missed the down arrow

on a play of Shadows the same figures were 1-1-22-3-0.

Left arrow vs. down arrow: In 5 plays of omgwtft0k3n there were
0 times where I hit left 2 frames before down
6 times where I hit left 1 frame before down
192 times where I hit them on the same frame
1 time where I hit down 1 frame before left
0 times where I hit down 2 frames before left
1 time where I completely missed the down arrow

on a play of Shadows the same figures were 0-5-69-0-0.

Ok, so I'm not losing any perfect frames.

Seeing as a lot of you are suggesting that is what is happening, it might just be the engine or something. What looks like is happening from my perspective is that the arrows you're supposed to hit are moving in sync with the stationary arrows at the top when you press a key.

The slight imbalance of hitting left before down, and down before up, more times than the other way round *might* be due to my setup. I change my setup every so often just to avoid overuse of certain keys on my keyboard, and I'm currently using spread on zxcv and every time I press z,x,c,v on my keyboard together in a word document it comes up "zxcv" and not any other order, which might be causing the imbalance. I really don't think it's the shifting effects on omgwtft0k3n, because that would sort of mean I'm losing a "little bit" of a frame somewhere, and frames are supposed to be quantised. (That was probably badly worded. I'm tired.)

So as far as I can see there is no difference in my jump splitting patterns between when I play omgwtft0k3n and when I play anything else.

Obviously if I could tell that I was losing perfect frames owing to the chart moving around, this would be a lot higher than 29 and a lot more annoying to play. But I'm confident in saying this does not happen to me. I'm fine with rating it "??", since one person's playing experience seems to be completely different from another's, but to me this does not play like anything higher than a 30. Even if I were to pick up whatever that token is that you get from an AAA on a 50-52 range on this, I'd feel it's completely unjustified.

oh and one other thing I completely forgot to mention earlier: use offset +2. It's quite noticeably off-sync and as you're going to have to rely heavily on the beat rather than the position of the arrows to know when to hit, that makes a huge difference.

Theorem: If you have a large enough number of monkeys, and a large enough number of computer keyboards, one of them will sight-read AAA death piano on stealth. And the ffr community will forever worship it. Proof Example

ask me anything here

mashed FCs: 329

r1: 5
r2: 4
r3: 6
r4: 8
r5: 3
r6: 5
r7: 15
final position: 4th

Last edited by Zapmeister; 12-23-2012 at 11:00 AM..
Zapmeister is offline   Reply With Quote