View Single Post
Old 11-4-2011, 06:53 AM   #23
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Classical Music Attribution

I really like those changes, especially putting v2 in the common name. Makes a lot of sense. It's a bit odd to have a different format from the Minute Waltz v2, but that's okay.
You could possibly use something like "Minute" Waltz v2 Op.64, No.1, but that seems a little contrived.

The Moonlight Sonata changes are technically fine and make the title short enough. It's okay they don't fit the format of the others, because we've decided readability > consistency.

You also didn't make my changes from earlier- Philip Glass should be P.Glass and I'm pretty sure Badinerie needs a movement number.

This reduces the song titles with drastic changes to just two:
Etude in E Major -> "Tristesse" Etude Op.10, No.3 -Shortened-
Molto Vivace -> Transcendental Etude No.2

These two are really changes that need to be made anyway. Molto Vivace, as I've said before, is pretty horribly wrong.
While just Etude in E Major is actually enough to identify which song we're talking about (Chopin only wrote one etude in that key) it's a lot less descriptive than simply naming it correctly. Additionally, having a name for the Etude, "Tristesse", will make refferring to it in Brag Board threads and such more convenient.

Still waiting for an official response to this. With my changes from earlier, Subin's list above is far more technically accurate than what we have now, without sacrificing clarity.

Last edited by hi19hi19; 11-4-2011 at 07:02 AM..
hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote