View Single Post
Old 08-15-2021, 08:12 PM   #31
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: FC Stat bar - New Implementation

Ok. There seems to be 2 main thought processes in here.

1. Relevance of secondary metrics regarding how we measure skill.

I can't emphasize enough the fact that it's perfectly fine for any game to have metrics/elements that aren't related to the main focus of the game. People have to accept that not everybody find meaning/fun in the same things.

If however you are adamant on redefining FC to become relevant to today's skill measure (since it was the case with Combo scoring), AND do not agree with point 2. below, please mention it.

2. Importance of a "good enough" metric.

The closest we have to this is SDG (Single Digit (Raw) Goods). This flag is fun, and I believe most people like it. However, although it's a nice metric that should stay, SDG is pretty close to a AAA relative to most songs note counts and/or structure.

Most suggested redefinitions of FC tend to reflect a need for a more loose, "good enough" metric that could be similar to a Etterna/Stepmania AA. I believe that with the implementation of such a metric, we would effectively satisfy most requests stated here.

---

If there is enough agreement on this, I will start a new thread to discuss that new metric.
xXOpkillerXx is offline   Reply With Quote