View Single Post
Old 01-30-2016, 08:08 PM   #5
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: 2015 January/February Set 4

Azure

Why lead off with a quad? The music doesn't really suggest that it should be one. The art file shit in the middle doesn't belong IMO. That's typically done when there are conflicting unique sounds such as different voices (See: Captain Murasa's Ass Anchor), and I can kinda see what you're going for with the guitar vs flute thing, but it ended up being messy and hard to read. Apart from that, everything else seemed technically fine.

Rating: 6/10 - REJ
Suggested Difficulty: 40

Garakuta Doll Play

I think I'm in love...

Rating: 10/10 - PASS
Suggested Difficulty: 47

Might like You Better

The majority of this file was missing appropriate layering. I find it very strange that the 12th synth note midsection wasn't stepped completely. It's like you started out without it at all, then switched into stepping it, then back out. Very weird.

Rating: 3/10 - REJ

Someone Anyone

Good layering here. Switched up the patterns a lot and didn't put out a giant copy paste which would have been the easy way out of stepping this file.

Rating: 9/10 - PASS
Suggested Difficulty: 46

{The Traveller}

I feel like the jumpglut section starting at m34 shouldn't be a jumpglut section. I was struggling to find what constituted all of those being jumps and I couldn't find it. I imagine the reason you stepped it like that is to provide some variety from the previous section that was the same kind of stuff, but I don't think it worked out. Same sentiment for the glut at the end.

Rating 7/10 - PASS
Suggested Difficulty: 55