View Single Post
Old 09-25-2016, 11:44 AM   #13
The-DDR-Philosopher
FFR Player

Default Re: Are DDR machines on the verge of extinction?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
The decline of DDR machines around me has nothing to do with people finding other ways to amuse themselves, and everything to do with the places that have them not being willing to put money into properly maintaining them.

The last place I found a DDR machine, only the left pad even worked, and the start button was half broken and got stuck when you pushed it, so half the time you ended up not being able to change any options, or suddenly picking a song you didn't want when you were scrolling through.

Places around here stop having them if they break bad enough to need serious repairs.
Yea very true, I didnt take that into consideration.
That is the problem we are having over here. Not enough people know how to play it so the demand to fix them aren't there. I know of a machine that has a pad with two broken arrows.

They are poorly managed. The majority of DDR machines that make money right now are kids who throw money in it without knowing how to play it then they walk away from it because they are confused on how to play it correctly. I recieve free games all the time.

MooMoo: Pump it up, isn't that the game with 5 arrows that have them in all opposite directions compared to DDR? Like 4 diagonal arrows and a center button? I havent seen one of those in atleast 5 years. They actually have some fun songs and I began to become fond of it. It has similiar mechanics as DDR. I actually became fairly decent at it.

Dingleberry: That would defeat the purpose of it being called "Dance Dance Revolution", theres no "dancing" involved when your strictly using your fingers.
The-DDR-Philosopher is offline   Reply With Quote