View Single Post
Old 09-4-2008, 11:14 PM   #1
N.T.M.
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to N.T.M.
Thumbs down Stepping DragonForce (video included)

After I stepped my first DF song I was heavily discouraged to not continue. However, against my better judement, I did. Since then I've seriously improved in my sim making. Yet my DF sims are very low rated compared to most of my much-earlier (and not as good) files. Seems like they always balance out with very high and very low ratings.

So what's the deal with DF sims? Do half the people just hate them?

Here's a small collection of sim clips:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4Ex42Wl1-Y

Now sure you guys could complain "Too many trills, jacks, blah blah, etc." Whatever. But when you get constant 1/10 ratings (and equal high ratings) something's wrong. I'm not trying to defend my sims. I just wanna know if it's even worth stepping DF.

Is there such a thing as a very well-received DF file? What would it look like?

Also if DF sims are looked down on so much why are they one of the most popular bands (or so it seems to me)?

Any thoughts, guys?

P.S. Even more important than any DF sim: I put 2" on my calves over the last few months. I hit them again tonight!!! Yeah!!!!!
“Beware the irrational, however seductive. Shun the 'transcendent' and all who invite you to subordinate or annihilate yourself. Distrust compassion; prefer dignity for yourself and others. Don't be afraid to be thought arrogant or selfish... Suspect your own motives, and all excuses. Do not live for others any more than you would expect others to live for you.”

Christopher Hitchens
N.T.M. is offline   Reply With Quote