View Single Post
Old 01-7-2021, 01:16 PM   #1
katanaeyegaming
#FearTheWyvern
FFR Veteran

Default Announcement regarding the future of my rhythm game career

This announcement has been bouncing back in forth in my mind for quite some time but I've decided i'm fucking done.

In recent times regarding FFR the games frame based timing has become so RNG reliant that it has become impossible to improve. I was at one point told there is going to be a timing window switch to MS timing instead which would help significantly but I have a feeling that that comment was a mere joke.

Regardless of that I just feel there are several other issues holding me back in these types of games to the point where I can't keep going.

So as of right now if you don't hear from me or very rarely hear from me this is why.

You as a community have been fucking fantastic and I love all of you but it has just come to the point where things are holding me back from improving that shouldn't hold me back in the slightest.

I mentioned earlier the current timing engine in FFR becoming basically RNG so i'll elaborate on what I mean by this, I sometimes get runs where I hit the note and get an amazing and then the next time on the same note with no differentiation will get a good or in some rare cases an average.

People say that this issue is caused by lag but I haven't had any lag issues at all with the game so the explanation can be thrown out the window.

There are other instances of things in other games holding me back that shouldn't be such as guitar issues in clone hero and at one point a game crashing issue on etterna.

As of right now I'm just gonna say fuck all of it.

You guys have been amazing and I feel i'm ending on a good note rather than lashing out at people in a blind rage for some stupid shit.

I wish you all the best of luck.

edit: i have decided to come back but more to play on rates and not to improve levels wise.
Katanaeyegaming

Last edited by katanaeyegaming; 01-11-2021 at 12:32 PM.. Reason: to keep people informed
katanaeyegaming is offline   Reply With Quote