View Single Post
Old 04-7-2016, 11:42 AM   #26
Dynam0
The Dominator
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: A Few Points Concerning Difficulties

Honestly I don't think more divisions should be added. The more divisions you make, the higher chance there is of "misplacing" someone and the more issues you will run into with sandbagging and such.

Back in the day it was beginner, intermediate, advanced...plain and simple. The qualifications for making it into these groups I feel should change over time, rather than the number of groups.

On the topic of difficulties however, in other disciplines the "rating" aspect varies across the board. Some sports like competitive diving maintain a strict difficulty rating system that, as far as numbers go does not change; however what constitutes a difficulty of 4.1 from year to year may change. I'm noticing that you will rarely see the scale itself get larger, rather the difficulty of a certain element may change its rating within the established scale.

One thing is for sure though, pretty well every sport will go through an overhaul of difficulties if the need is there and old standards just don't cut it. I would think this to be the case with FFR since as Rob mentioned, there will be a ton of files that are harder than Death Piano and simply assigning a 99 to them won't cut it.
Dynam0 is offline   Reply With Quote