View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 01:30 AM   #7
Hateandhatred
"The Quebec Steparatist."
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Almost There (12 or 13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI View Post
It's an interesting thing to note that the 32nd section has a few 2 frame minijacks.

The 32nd section is also a "fake stream". You have some some short-lived roll type patterns that leading into large sections of minijacks and jacks. There are indeed a few one-handed jacking transitions that are very hard to nail without getting boos. However, viewing these parts as minijacks offset on both sides makes it a lot better to handle.

And that 32nd triplet anchor part near the end. That's really easy to trip up on and I remember it screwing over a blackflag run into 3g haha.

Anyways, I say keep this as a 12. It's much better to play through if you see it as a series of one handed minijacks on both sides and play it like that rather than a "32nd trilly stream". What makes that part a pain to score on there is that some of the 32nd transitions can make you hit jumps in 2-frame intervals which really sucks for AAAing.

At this point though, I strongly consider using a system of 1-15. Maybe even 1-16.

If you want a really subjective/biased view, Almost There was a lot easier for me to AAA than A Quick Death and Eclipse. WAY easier. But I think the majority of the problem is that it isn't being hit as minijacks/jacks, but more as a stream-type pattern which screws people over.
All the way with you.