View Single Post
Old 06-18-2020, 04:09 PM   #49
Ghost_Medley
D6.9 Prime Buttonhitter
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Official Tournament 13 Batch Notes

Slapping my notes into a spoiler for Sakura Fubuki.
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoangel691 View Post
- 39.823: aw, I liked the back and forth you had with the mini-trills for the hi-hats, why’d you stop? I understand terminating at 41.023 of course, but you still had a bit of room to play with.
Just for you, I changed it to 131 mini trills and a tiny 232 minitrill in the transition.

Quote:
- 46.680: might have been a deliberate rhythm reduction here, but just to let you know - this technically is the jump and then a three-note 64th burst
It was deliberate, reducing it to 48ths to avoid any frame complications.

Quote:
- 47.194: i’m not entirely sure why the jump is here; the lack of clarity on this jump might make it more acceptable for the 32nd before it to have a jump since it serves as repetition on the jumps for the snares
- 49.594: not sure why these triples are different compared to the previous ones
Turned the jump into a single at 47.194, but instead of turning the hands down to jumps, I changed it out for a hand-jump accenting since I feel the sound is still very strong to warrant that.

Quote:
- 1:23.794: pretty noticeable missing note for the piano
- 1:28.166: I’m curious behind why you chose to omit the first note in each four note sequence here, and only here in this slower section
I added the mentioned notes in for these sections.

Quote:
- 1:35.537: missing notes? This melody is what’s getting accented and it’s pretty noticeably missing notes
- 1:37.166/1:37.337: more missing notes
- 1:39.394: missing note here as well
I noticed those and a few more since you pointed them out. I think they should all be fixed now.

Quote:
- 1:45.651 to 2:29.537: structure has some noticeable inconsistencies:
-------- hi-hat representation is present in some spots, not present in others; initially I wondered if melodic presence was dictating it but there are times where it’s ignored and the synth isn’t playing a melody on/around it
-------- it appears that the piano accent that intermittently shows up is only accented partially, which makes the overall structure in this last section feel heavier than it is given that kicks and snares are usually taking the most precedence in accenting: 1:48.223 is a single note when the piano + synth plays, but 1:49.594 is a jump when the piano + synth play, both of which have no percussion on it; 1:53.709: jump w/ P+S, no percussion, 1:55.080: single w/ P+S, no percussion - etc.
- 2:15.394: missing note for pitch bend, which seems to be more prevalently accented in the second half of this final section
The chorus is definitely the roughest section since that's where my creativity faltered in making the file. I can give a tiny run through the logic I was trying to adhere to:
Bass and kick drums accented as jumps, with piano chords charted as hands (Some deviation with the tiny [34][12] jumptrills), then synth layered to create jumpstream.
I've made notes to improve consistency on how the hi-hat is charted, and dealt with the missing pitchbend notes. I've also made changes to fix patterning that might be uncomfortable to play.

Quote:
- 2:18.051: this completely deviates from earlier accenting with the two jumpjacks and alternating jumps quite a bit; the earlier instance that featured a tailing minijack was also different but the structure was played almost the same, so this is a bit off
I'm not quite sure how to interpret what you're talking about here. The best thing I can say is that 1:55.937 matches with 2:17.880 and 2:05.537 with 2:27.480, but I can make them match up better and improve patterning leading in and out of each instance.

I'm glad this at least got CQ'd, considering I tried to work myself back into charting and wanted to redeem this chart.