View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 06:42 PM   #1151
star-crossed
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curry and Rice View Post
Don't really think I've been overwhelmingly positive about roundbox so idk what you mean by that. I also notice that you seem to be singling me out for allegedly bringing up a lynch out of nowhere, but completely ignore how roundbox pretty much did the same thing with me (with a dash of OMGUS to boot), exemplified by this quote:
I think you misunderstood me here. You had been saying you felt suspicious of him since about halfway through D1, so it is not that it really felt random or inconsistent, it's just that up until you answered this question for me, the actual reasons you were giving that went against that suspicion seemed more salient/thoughtful than the points you'd raised against the person who you were consistently reading as sus.

Quote:
I mean, I already gave an explanation to that.
I would like to say, the main thing I was reacting to from this message when I was drunkposting (sorry) was actually this statement. Because, I initially tried to make clear that I did read your follow-up on the wording of your raeko read from D1. I just still think it was odd and potentially indicative of you two both being mafias, and my perception was that you were brushing off my read on that as illegitimate by portraying it as a question you had talked about more before. Sometimes your arguing style seems quite caught up in rhetoric. I am pretty sure this is mainly just your personal style, but I have had moments of wondering if it is being played up; this was one.

Quote:
PART 1:

Looking back, I think roundbox not voting to save FFA was because he thought that he would probably be lynched anyway the next day and didn't want it to be obvious that he was trying to save his partner. In light of the funny wagon and flip, he looks even worse from that, and his comments/reactions at the beginning of the day after that didn't help either (calling the game a "dumpster fire" and complaining about how the "game is proceeding in SK's favour" reads like venting after his partner died).
I do think the concern that ffa may be hanged later on anyway is a pretty fair point for why the last mafia may not have tried to save him. Which I find kind of ironic, because I believe both you and rb have to some degree argued in your own defense "why wouldn't I have saved ffa if I were mafia?" and both of you are arguing each other as the most likely mafia. In your case, you seemed to be having technical difficulties with the forum, as well as with your computer restarting, and by the time you actually were commenting on how you felt about ffa versus Cel, there were about 2 minutes left in the day. (I presume this is mainly why you just left your vote on Haku when no one else wanted to hang him). So, especially given your complete lack of comments about Cel earlier, and your ideas on ffa as neutral throughout the Day, I do not really think you could have tried to save ffa as a mafia at the last minute without it seeming pretty awkward, given the technical difficulty situation. Which...kind of brings me back to looking at how the dead mafia acted toward you, which I will look over again now that I have a better idea of your history with ffa.