View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 05:53 PM   #1149
star-crossed
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)

I think Cel is the least likely to be a mafia, between ffa pushing Cel as mafia throughout the day and not choosing to help Cel get on the subject of stuff besides manti by asking Cel questions, raeko's defense of Cel but unwillingness to fully side with Cel, and Cel starting the votes against ffa at the very end. This is one of the only things I feel very confident on. I will not vote for him today.

The main reason I have to think that olimar is not mafia, is the fact that ffa consistently pushed olimar as a serial killer suspect. Because serial killer reads are something that mafia can give genuine thoughts on and show that they are solving, I see it is much more likely ffa believed this, rather than tried to make somebody he knew was mafia and on his team look bad in this convoluted way. The only points toward him being a mafia, I feel, is raeko saying she felt kind of scared of voting him on D1, and possibly the fact that he kept defending ffa. I do not actually think that as the serial killer, he would talk about it the way that he has to us - which I think is the best lead I have on anybody, in terms of not being a serial killer. While I would feel very annoyed to lose to the person who is obviously trying the least out of everyone, my best guess at this point remains that he is a town. The raeko comment is kind of haunting me, to the point that I wish I had not even noticed it, because I don't feel that that one comment should hold more weight than how ffa acted through all of D0 (and seemed like he would have kept with if he had lived).

ffa had an awkward/silly push on roundbox from early on D0 that he did not keep up with, as I have said. rb specifically drew attention to ffa's read on raeko being for a silly reason. rb was around at the end of D0. rb had made a negative comment toward Cel earlier in the day that might help him defend trying to make more of a push on Cel to save ffa (something to do with the Manti stuff); however, he commented on Cel's stronger anger toward Manti, in a pretty neutral way, right at the end of the day when it may have been advantageous to him as a mafia in saving ffa, for him to speak more negatively of Cel. He chose not to vote anybody, but did say he would vote for Cel if somebody else switched to Cel, to avoid a kitb. He seemed very much a deer in the headlights for reasons I do not fully get.

roundb not voting for Curry (or even olimar) on D1 while he and funny, who he was townleaning, could be hanged confuses me a lot. Unless I am not understanding the vote timings and such, it seems like he is overemphasizing this woe-is-me narrative of "I am forced to kill funny to save myself" while not actually trying very hard to make an alternative possible. mellon on D1 voted funnygirl over roundb after a short conversation with him that is shading him about him being quiet here and there. I can kind of see raeko doing that just because funnygirl was susing raeko, though, and not necessarily because rb was mafia.

In summary, I feel the way the dead mafia talked toward him was pretty awkward - they both poked at him but did not follow through with it in any meaningful way (and with raeko actually helping to save him on D1 from dying). What looks good, is that he called out ffa and raeko on D0 as a connection, and that it seemed like he could have made Cel look worse to save ffa on that day as well. But probably the most important thing I would need to understand to feel better about him, is more about what his mindset has been at the ends of the Days, in retrospect.

I am getting to Curry next but I will post this now to give others the chance to respond...I think I have been writing and thinking this over, for over an hour at this point anyway.