View Single Post
Old 05-11-2018, 02:17 PM   #756
star-crossed
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)

So, it is unfortunate that the day ends so soon. It is already 8PM for me and I do not feel well so would like to go to bed early.

Is the reason that so many people have said they think olimer is the serial killer that he asked about what they are trying to do? From how I understand it a serial killer would have to be talking to the mod to pick which special ability they get, and so he could just ask the mod at that time what he needs to do to win, if it was not clear already. So I actually think he is less likely than most, to be the serial killer, because he asked us. Unless I am missing something. I also do not even think that would be a good dumbtell to do on purpose, because it would get people associating about you and serial killers immediately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olimar12345 View Post
Yeah, please don't. I have a job and cannot post during school hours. The game says no ootc, which bion means no ootc, and for someone who just made a fuss at me in discord about doing that several games ago, you should know better. >:/
I like that Olimar chastises him for this, because I think ffa was trying to do this to seem like a helpful townie, and so saying specifically that ffa should "know better" from the past, shows that ffa may be being disingenuous with it. I am not sure Olimar has any reason to point this out to everyone if they are both mafias, even if he was annoyed. (My only worry is that ffa said he was worried about Olimar being modkilled, which he may worry about more if ffa wants to protect him). But even with that worry, ffa was portraying Olimar's questions about the setup in a bad light from the start. So I think it is most likely, ffa actually believed Olimar had some chance of being the serial killer. (Since the mafia actually wants to kill the serial killer, they are often the most vocal in trying to find them, from experience).

Quote:
Originally Posted by inDheart View Post
i think in ToS a lot of the actual chat is merely functional - you claim your results, ask for protection, things like that, and maybe someone sews all this info together to come up with a good trial target. i think the difference in this game, at least compared to other forum games, isn't because of the roles, it's just a different crowd of players who have less time on our hands on average compared to some of the people who really go hard. but you're right that day play is pretty important

i, too, would like people in general to just talk about what they were thinking with using their, in addition to gun's call for that last night. kinda like your observation about kitb on that roundbox post
That may be true, that it is mainly that most people are more busy. But I still think it is important to consider that, for the bad guys especially, survival during night time is a bigger element for how people may act.

Quote:
also my main memory of xel's posts are him actually wanting to play the game and/or just being bored

which is...different than what i remember, potentially meta-breaking

don't remember him offering much of a basis to judge though
I don't really understand this nor do I feel like I know where this thought process went.

Quote:
the other tension is i thought he essentially angleshot himself clear with the DM shit

so there's that too
What does this mean?

Also, would you be able to summarize how you felt about ffa at the end of day 0? You said you were "coming around" on him (as town? as a mafia?) after saying you were feeling conflicted, I believe.

When I was going through your posts I realized I completely missed where ffa was saying he was very very sure in Curry being town. I had mostly liked Curry's posts individually but felt uneasy about one of the questions he asked to ffa early on. I definitely think it is risky, to say you are so sure in someone being a town if they are not, especially if you actually believe that person is easy to read. (Which..just from ffa's personality, and from something he was doing as a cop in a turbo, I do think it is possible he would make risky plays.) But ffa's reasoning sounded genuine enough to me, that I think it is more probable he believed in it.

I have kind of a hard time making sense of vote timings and such if I am reading it in hindsight, but if ffa and Cel were both mafia, I think it would have been worth a try for them to make a third option (especially with there being many people not that involved). ffa mentioned feeling "scummy" about voting for Cel, like in an emotional way, but that he was worried about Cel-Manti being towns fighting even if Cel wasn't a mafia. That sounds more to me like a lame excuse to vote for a town, than something ffa would say about somebody he already knew was a mafia.

So in summary, I do not really want to lynch raeko, Celirra, Zoshi, Curry, or olimer. But if you think I am wrong in one of those, please tell me.