View Single Post
Old 01-5-2015, 09:40 AM   #138
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Meh, let's do it again, this time for a year

Day 78: Acid Rap by Chance The Rapper (Album Choice: Nepgear)

I didn't listen to a single album on that cruise ship, as you can tell by my lack of reviews for the past 8 days. I recommend everyone go on a New Years cruise during their young lifetime, because that shit was turnt. One hell of a start to a year I say. Anyways, onto the review. I have high hopes for this album because I enjoyed the other Chance mixtape and this is supposed to be a significant improvement.

Much more consistent work than anything else he's put out, Chancellor Bennett ditches old school boom bap bop for a much floatier sound tinted with one part soul and groove, three parts blotter paper. The lysergic doesn't affect his ability to wordplay and thank god he doesn't take himself too seriously for his own good else this become laughable.

After writing that garbage I find out Christgau has already reviewed this album. Ugh, whatever.

Best Track: Cocoa Butter Kisses
Rating: 7/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote