View Single Post
Old 02-3-2009, 11:04 PM   #216
Sir Psycho
FFR Player

Default Re: World of Warcraft

The biggest reason why I'm upset about the DK taking the weapon, was that weapon was the deal breaker for letting me be one of the boss tanks(because my gear was lacking, yet my stats weren't).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrio View Post
Well. DK's are much better tanks then say Pally's or Druids. Threat gen is ridiculously OP and not to mention they have multiple uses in both Single and Add tanking.

Feral druids are great for damage soakers(Like hateful strikes and such) because they can generate ridiculous threat to stay second on threat, have ridiculous dodge, health and armor.

DKs make good tanks with bosses that have a segment of the fight of a timed spike in damage because their cool downs don't take that long(IE - 3Drakes Sartharion)

Paladins are the best AoE tanks. And I guess no one could possibly beat them in an undead fight(unless Exorcism isn't an efficient skill to use, same with Holy Wrath).

And warrior tanks are still the best single target tanks. We take less damage than a paladin hit with a full hit(Even though we have 23.5k armor too, which is ~60%, we get an extra 10% just for being in defensive stance), our skills are more geared to a single target.(I manage to get off 3 Heroic Strikes, 5 Devastates, 1 Revenge and 3-4 Shield Slams in 9 seconds... Which is a ton of threat... I can't remember the exact amount, but I've pulled that off in an opening of a boss fight and that topped me at about 100k threat and 7.9k TPS), our cool downs make us invulnerable basically for 15 seconds(60% less damage, 30% maximum health, and 100% increased Block Rating and Block Value[That means Patches hits me for about 2k, I have 49k health, and I can block 127% of the time and block up to 5k damage]).

I'm not saying another tank couldn't do that, they can. I know they can. I've played a feral tank, a prot pally in TBC, and tanked on my warrior since vanilla WoW(never did a raid though, such a shame), I'm just saying what each tank class is *typically* used for.

Last edited by Sir Psycho; 02-3-2009 at 11:14 PM..
Sir Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote