View Single Post
Old 07-7-2022, 02:57 PM   #1461
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Recommend me some 2022 albums +1000th album halp

Day 980: Sometimes, Forever by Soccer Mommy

When I've revisited her last 2 albums, I found them to be blander than I initially perceived. Yet whenever I go back to her lo-fi debut EP, I still love the aesthetic there.

This album, however, I can tell, or at least I HOPE, I won't grow to find more mediocre over time, because this is her lushest, dreamiest album yet, with a fuller sound than ever before but in a way that feels inspired, rather than just "generic singer-songwriter indie rock". I don't want to give too much credit to Oneohtrix Point Never here because I don't know how much he truly contributed but man the production here is truly on point. There were highs and lows because there are always highs and lows but consistent engagement is something I was definitely not expecting from a Soccer Mommy album and that's what I got. Genuinely very impressed by this.

I still want to hear more stories about how she's purportedly an asshole though simply because I've heard rumors about that shit so many times but NEVER with stories to back them up.

Best Track: Shotgun
Rating: 8.5/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote