View Single Post
Old 07-10-2023, 06:42 PM   #16
the sun fan
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 206: Betrayal at House on the Hill POSTGAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceAdler View Post
In my opinion strategies are killing the fun of playing such games in the beginning,second of all you are right but if it's not fun what's the point of it
I halfway agree with you, its more that I enjoy a game where both sides play as optimally as possible, that creates the most interesting scenarios for me, its probably why I enjoy balanced games immensely more than unbalanced ones.

When I am playing Among Us (or, played, I guess. Don't really play it a ton anymore), I get really tilted when crew does a bunch of stuff that feels against the spirit of the game, but strangles the imposters, like button after someone starts the vial task so that the cooldown finishes after the meeting. I don't think playing with like... mechanical and mathematical insight is making the game unfun in the same way that people don't often vote when there are 7 people left in 2 imposter games in Among Us.

There are plenty of people who agree with you, and plenty who agree with me. What I really appreciate and think more people should do in these scenarios is what you did, which is acknowledge that the math and reasoning here is correct on my end, but challenge it regardless for what you want out of a game. That was pretty cool and I don't see that very often.

Games that are too mechanical, for example games where there is just a bunch of power roles and town can stomp the wolves because there isn't really anything that the wolves can do mechanically to prevent this from happening are probably games you and I would dislike for the same reasons.

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
the sun fan is offline   Reply With Quote