View Single Post
Old 11-30-2020, 03:26 PM   #88
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Frame Fix Log

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza69 View Post
Subaru's request for The Nature of Dying seems in this spirit as well. It's 171, so some 2-framers are expected--it seems unreasonable to me to remove *all* of them. The 3-note jacks pointed out are 180bpm post-conversion, which is not an unreasonable speed to approximate them by--certainly it's closer than 150, which they would be post-framefixes. The suggestion at Note 819 is fair, because that pattern is actually made significantly more difficult by being a 2-framer than a straight-up minijack without the jump, so turning it into a 3-framer is likely much closer to how it's meant to be played. The 4-note jack at 893 is actually already as good as it gets--that can't be framefixed out. Of course, it sounds like Subaru's been in contact with Xel, so obviously the will of the actual stepartist overrides all else.

But yeah, in summary, I recommend being sparing with framefixes and only doing them where a pattern really got messed up by conversion or at the will of the stepartist.
As a prenote: Yes, Subaru did the work on it while in a discord call with me. I did not help, but I told Subaru if he wanted to do this I would happily send him the file for the best results.

I appreciate that someone cared enough to suggest fixing one of my files.

Anywho:

I want to make something clear, if someone wants to go through and point out all the mis-converted notes in any of my work, I will happily send them the file to make their life easier for doing something that makes my file in the game better. If a file spikes in difficulty because *lol frames* that's not what I want, and I don't think most simfile creators want that either.

What you're literally suggesting, is that we leave stuff alone because the game converted it poorly, and that's a bit tone-deaf if you asked me.

But if we maybe want to message the file creator and double check - there's no harm in that. I'm ridiculously particular about modifying my work without consulting me (even changing the song preview would piss me off tbh) so I'd understand that approach if I am honest.