View Single Post
Old 05-16-2008, 03:38 PM   #40
SoultakerNFH
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Overprotective parents?.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
My dad (fairly traditional Italian father) was very strict until I was 18. I always had to tell them where I was going, when I'd be back, call if any of that changed, reasonably fixed bedtimes (Not like "be in bed by X" but "We'll get pissed off and yell at you if you're up super late")

As soon as I turned 18, each and every restriction was lifted. The working theory was "We work hard while you're growing up to instill a certain sense of responsibility and maturity in you, and by the time you're 18 you've either learned it or not, but now you're an adult, so do what you like, and we'll just hope you learned the useful lessons"

Sure, I had lots of yelling matches with my parents as a teenager about how unfair all their rules were, but I seem to have turned out okay as a result.
Exactly like my parents. Except for me it was when I graduated High School rather than turning 18 is when they lifted the boundaries. I was 17 when I graduated High School, and about 20 days later I turned 18. I guess they considered that I was 18 already after graduating or something.

Best Non-AAA Ranks (Before AvMiss Was Fixed): Choprite, Rank 6 [3-0-0-0]; TGWP Part 1, Rank 11 [5-0-0-0]; Otaku Speedvibe Heavy, Rank 13 [1-0-0-0]; Blue Army, Rank 5 [1-0-0-0]

Last edited by SoultakerNFH; 05-16-2008 at 03:43 PM..
SoultakerNFH is offline   Reply With Quote