View Single Post
Old 10-22-2018, 11:31 AM   #152
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Default Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

Either way, the prisoner's dilemma goes something like this:

Two prisoners are brought in for a crime they committed together. They're taken to separate cells and questioned individually. For fun, let's call them prisoner Apple and prisoner Banana.
The cop on their case tells them that they have two options: they can confess or keep quiet. If both Apple and Banana confess, they'll both serve 5 years. If Apple confesses but Banana keeps quiet, Apple will serve 2 years and Banana will serve 15 years (and vice versa). If they both stay quiet, they serve 10 years.

What decision is the best? Sell out your partner and get less time if they keep quiet? Is it worth risking 10 years to stay true to your teammate, or do you lack trust?

This relates to taking the power at night vs not taking it. Are you confident enough in your own abilities to make whatever power you get work best for you? Or do you think too many people will take the option of potentially selling out their teammates if too many take it?

I think this is an internal decision; too much open planning benefits the wolves since they can sabotage us with some pretty easy accuracy (especially later in the game, holy fuck).
I'm open for discussion on this since this is better quashed earlier than later.