View Single Post
Old 07-1-2015, 01:53 AM   #270
SCWolf
༼ ͡◉ل͜ ͡◉༽ 👌
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to SCWolf Send a message via MSN to SCWolf Send a message via Skype™ to SCWolf
Default Re: Misc. progress thread

Deciding to take things a little more serious with my lifting.

Things I will be buying:

1. Weightlifting shoes

Looking into squatting more seriously. I've been putting it off a lot due to lower back pain as well as numerous other things but with the right equipment and form practice I can fix it, I'm sure of it.

2. Knee sleeves

Will aid in squatting later on when I'm squatting higher numbers like I was a year ago.

3. Belt

My back. This will help my back with squats. If all goes well, I may start attempting deadlifts as well.

4. Slingshot

This isn't necessarily for strength progression, but more technique and learning. Slingshots force your form basically. I have an issue with form breakdown on a final set (usually my heaviest). The slingshot will help with maintaining this form, and I'll use it essentially for heavier back-off work.

Also going to be incorporating just more rep work. NorthStrong has been doing just that, and his overall progress with it is outstanding. It shows a lot in his form, which I'd argue is damn near perfect.

5. Maybe wrist wraps

Not 100% sure about the wrist wraps, as they're kind of just there to help your wrists do the job they should be doing on their own (within the realm of reason). They do have benefits, but for the weight I'm lifting, they're not necessary.

This is going to be a year where I really push myself, I think. I understand nutrition more, what numbers my body requires to grow and how to get there. My training is something I plan to approach in a more simplistic fashion, focusing heavily again on bench and squat. I plan on eliminating superfluous assistance work and mainly just target what needs to be targeted. If I don't end up actually removing exercises, my rep/set numbers will decrease while I plan to increase the weight I work with instead. Basically moving more weight for less sets.

Just going to talk it over with Sam and probably sit down with him before I make the order.

Last edited by SCWolf; 07-1-2015 at 01:57 AM..
SCWolf is offline   Reply With Quote