View Single Post
Old 08-5-2021, 12:00 PM   #1256
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack
Default Re: ymotohciD :daerhT emaG 002 GWT

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
I think the criticism of the game is valid.
I'm glad people enjoyed themselves, but I do think I should've left the mastermind out, maybe barred new players from playing in general.

The split game idea would've been maybe more worth pursuing; I didn't want to change back once I had gone ahead mentally with the single-game.
I think there maybe was a bit too much going on with the setup

the two-game idea with the second one playing in reverse was really cool; the idea of a knowitall was really cool; the idea of having a neighbor was really cool; but all of these in the same game, along with the "true mastermind" idea, made everything pretty complicated to figure out.

most players ended up not having any agency over the game at all, which understandably made them upset. centering a game around a single player is a very hard thing to make satisfying for everybody, and the realization that everything was a farce certainly didn't help. I would most likely be in this boat if Freezin didn't end up leaking me this info in advance.

so yeah--- there were a lot of good ideas here individually, but there felt like a lack of cohesion because there was so much going on that didn't really "need" to be there and ended up being distracting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic