Old 04-20-2016, 06:18 PM   #16
cedolad
moonchild~
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to cedolad
Default Re: What are the best simfile packs released after 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam-Dude View Post
if you haven't already checked out my thread, here's a link to it (also in my forum signature)

wow no one is even remotely grateful that I compiled 5 ffr season packs in a row, not to mention all the other packs I've worked on. the point of the packs were to have certain files appeal to a wide variety of people—you're obviously not going to like every single file due to song choice, type of file, etc. because I purposely tried to take in all different kinds of files. that's precisely why my judging was fairly lax, because I wanted more opportunity for people to get files in, especially those that didn't normally step stuff or were too scared/reluctant to submit stuff. I was also trying to stray away from the previous elitism brought upon by the so-called chancellors or whatever the fuck you want to call them, because at that point every file had to follow a strict and formulated style of charting, leaning more towards being full on art bullshit files aka everyone tried to be kil or some shit.

I almost feel like we've taken a step backwards and have gone back down to the same path because nowadays the majority of pack releases are formulated around being stamina fragondorce dj shrapnel jump hand stream dump shit, save for the couple packs like Untitled SM Pack, Stepping Stones, ODI3, and others.

well in the end, I stopped doing the 4key "community" pack thing after realizing that no one was remotely grateful for the packs I was putting out. all wasted effort tbh

tl;dr waw no one plays my packs I'm being a whiny bitch ass *****
Whoa man I wasn't trying to degrade what you did. Just during that era step files weren't anything spectacular.