View Single Post
Old 08-20-2019, 06:21 PM   #55
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack
Default Re: TWG 188: MAD17, Who's Role Is It Anyway? [POST GAME]

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
I think being dead and seeing how the game progresses towards salvation or towards ruin can alter your perspective a little bit

thinking of my perspective from inside the game, it shouldn't be only sunfan that can lead a case against me to get me lynched
it seemed like people were getting complacent with their reads this game
Well no, it shouldn't be "just sunfan", I'm only talking about sunfan because he asked. He said, "but I had the game mechanically locked", to which I said "but town still lost because they didn't listen". That's all. If someone else asked I'd give them a proper answer as well.

Ideally every player exerts this assertive leadership style and pushes forward, towards the path they believe in. Town getting complacent 100% shut this game down. Kappa went against the grain and pushed for his own reads really hard but he lacked the ethos to be taken seriously (largely antori's fault). I know sheeping happens and not everyone has the answers but ideally several players are vocal and assertive about their beliefs.

I suppose the more general theme is, in my opinion, that having good ideas and good reads shouldn't be the main indicator of quality of play. Ideas and reads need to result in lynches. The impact of a player's play should be determined more in terms of outcome and consequence than of reasoning. (Not that good reads aren't admirable or valuable! But not sufficient)

That's all I guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic