View Single Post
Old 04-13-2019, 03:39 PM   #5
the sun fan
FFR Player

Default Re: Sunfan's Modified C9++ Proposal Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
Why not just always give the SK investigation-immune (or just make them green permanently) and also the bulletproof? Losing my bulletproof (which I'd choose every time) just because town randed a cop would really sting.

IC suggestion is good, I like it. Everything else makes sense at the surface level at least.
The SK point is a decent one; the last time I did that, Xiz cruised to a victory as the SK, but I think I would be interested in trying that. SK definitely needs help either way.

Glad you like the IC suggestion, as FFR's resident Innocent Child, I would imagine you would have a pretty relevant opinion there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inDheart View Post
i'm in favor of IC choosing when to reveal; i'm not sure it's as mod-intensive of a thing to handle as to require the image thing but that's a clean enough way of handling it
Its definitely the least mod-intenstive thing I could think of.

Quote:
no opinion on wolfchat or mason chat
this one surprises me; I really think that wolves need it. If wolves have it, it feels like the masons ought to as well, but that one is not as important.

Quote:
i don't really care about pregame confirmation phases and having one probably would have reminded me that the christmas game existed
Every time I host a C9++ with a pregame confirmation phase, I get multiple people complaining about it.

Quote:
is the plan to nerf angels or let them be un-nerfed? the line about 2 doctors saving someone forever makes me think that
Yeah, they will be nerfed. It will roll like:

A = 1-shot Angel

AA = Angel + 1-shot Angel

AAA = 2 Angels

AAAA = 2 Angels + 1-shot Angel

AAAAA = 3 Angels

which I will admit, is not super clean to look at. While, yes, two angels can also keep a player alive indefinitely, its a heck of a lot less likely for this to happen.

An Angel will never be able to target the same player twice in a row, same as a Doctor would be and same as a Roleblocker would be still.

Quote:
was one of the goals to put a godfather in almost every setup? it seems like the number of Ts only locks if you ever see a wolf 1-shot rb flip which seems nice
Yup. It confirms less about the setup for both sides. With 7 T's, Godfather is basically useless, but if I make it a goon instead, either Mafia flip confirms the setup for town, which I would like to avoid. Massclaim situations are too commonly set up by the wolves losing a member that only exists in specific circumstances. Goons are also hot garbage, and I think that giving mafia a slight boost would help the win % disparity that I think exists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashflash account View Post
Increase the likelihood of vanilla town rand :^)

I don't know how I feel about Angel honestly. I just don't really see someone being able to predict 2-3 phases in advance until it gets closer to endgame. I get the point is to prevent cop from claiming and being saved by doctor every night or w/e but angel might as well be a randomized doctor imo
Nah for the first point, just play something else.

It sounds like you understand what I am trying to avoid with the Doctor, but don't like the Angel. I think Angels reward good thinking from a player, without being too strong. What would you suggest instead?

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
the sun fan is offline   Reply With Quote