Thread: carpal tunnel
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2020, 11:31 PM   #15
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: carpal tunnel

I hadn't had any prior hand/finger pain until well after I pushed myself for D7. I've never gotten it checked out, but I do suffer pain and I've definitely done damage to it (my left hand).

I have very minimal grip in my left hand, and if I grip something for too long or even too hard, my hand will entirely lock up and I am at a complete loss of control over my left hand for a healthy 10-30 minutes. Luckily I don't think I've had any other physical impairments.

I still actively play rhythm games, and I must do hand exercises prior to playing. Sometimes I'm able to play like I was in my peak but a majority of the time I have to take it easy. If I play easier stuff, I can do it all day, but if I play difficult stuff I have to keep it minimal like an hour at most. As soon as I feel pain, I stop playing. Something that has also helped me preserve my hand condition is playing wrists up and focusing all pressure on my forearms, and I take frequent breaks while playing. I do alternate between two keyboards but that hasn't seemed to have much effect (Blues and Browns).

_Zenith_ is offline   Reply With Quote