View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 12:47 PM   #51
foxfire667
The FFRchiver
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: New Veteran Status - Opinions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni-Paranoia View Post
This all depends on what you guys see as a Veteran. Everyone has their own opinions but overall, isn't a Veteran good overall at something (FFR in this case)?

So I guess it should include everything. Time doesn't seem so necessary. There should be another rank, something like Family for time (joking). As for Veteran, AAAs, FCs, songs played, score gained etc... Should all count towards Veteran.

Even something like a total accumulated amount of credits should be accounted for and a certain MP rank (maybe). At least this way a True Veteran has had to be all over the site to be considered a Veteran.
Would be a good way to look at it. If the veteran features have to do with the game, then obviously being good / devoted at the game should be the only factors that should be considered when considering whether or not they are a "veteran". How much has a person done in relation to the game in general would be a decent way to decide whether or not they deserve to have veteran status. Maybe one's total tier points and average rank could also add to the equation. Not saying one needs to have all of this stuff maxxed out or anything, but maybe small requirements in all fields (such as maybe 10,000 credits, 50 AAA's, 200 FC's, av under 5,000, etc) might be a good way to show a peson's all around devotion to the game.

Although, taking into consideration that a person might be VERY devoted to a certain aspect of the game, maybe veteran status could also be given to those who have much higher requirements in a particular field instead of smaller ones in all of them. Like, maybe a person plays for score on only a few songs, and they have like 15 billion points...I'd say they deserve veteran status just as much as someone who might only have 5 billion but a 200 average rank.

I am personally still against time, as it determines nothing aside from how long ago you made your account. I mean, in relation to FFR, joining any earlier doesn't have any effect on how GOOD a player is, or how much devotion a player has to the game. I mean, taking myself as an example, I joined in 2009...but my devotion to this game is still immense, and my stats show it. Should someone really have Veteran status over me JUST because they have had their account open longer?

At the very least, time could be measured in how many hours one has played FFR, or how many hours one is actively on FFR, aside from just allowing any account to build up time towards veteran status. At least this way it can be said that those who have veteran status due to time were active enough to earn the title.